Ruby Hall Clinic
IMAGING & SCREENING FOR EARLY DETECTION
- 3D Digital Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
- High resolution dedicated Breast Sonography with elastography
- 3T MRI with dedicated Breast Coil
- Vaccum assisted biopsy
- Stereo tactic biopsy
- All image guided interventional services like Aspirations, Core biopsy, Wire localisation, Clip placement
- Developmental breast health.
- Benign breast disease. ( Evaluation & Treatment )
- Cosmetic breast issues
- Breast Cancer ( Evaluation & Treatment )
- Breast reconstruction & oncoplastic surgery
- Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology, Nuclear medicine, pathology plastic surgery
Specialisied Clinics in Breast Health
- Mastalgia Clinic Approximately 60% of women suffer from breast pain(mastalgia). This is a specialized clinic to treat these women scientifically.
- Lactation Clinic this clinic helps new mothers to breast feed properly by teaching them correct techniques and preventing infections and abscesses.
- Genetic Clinic Approximately 10% cancers are genetic. This clinic deals with risk estimation, genetic counseling, testing and therapeutic interventions for inherited cancers
- Lymphedema Clinic is for women who undergo breast cancer surgery with axillary nodes removal. Prevention and treatment of lymphedema is carried out in this clinic under expert supervision.
- Prosthesis Clinic post mastectomy women are rehabilitated in this clinic with special bras and prostheses.
BREAST CARE SUPPORT GROUP
Monthly meeting of patients to give guidance & support
Regular CMEs for education & awareness
Regular outreach programs & camps for early detection
MULTI DISCIPLINARY TEAMS MEETINGS
- All cancer cases are discussed amongst specialists for optimum care once every week
Ruby Hall Clinic
Why Choose Us
Why choose department of Breast Health Care at Ruby Hall?
BREAST IMAGING DEPARTMENT
Breast Intervention Procedures
The department of Breast Imaging at Ruby Hall Clinic is well equipped to do all Breast Intervention Procedures . All international standard guidelines are followed
Fine Needle Aspirations
For aspiration of Symptomatic simple / complicated Cysts, Abscess , Galatoceles , post operative collections etc
Core Needle Biopsy
These are done using single use disposable Biopsy guns under image guidance with use of local anesthesia , under all aseptic precations for accurate and fast histological diagnosis .
Done for minimally invasive accurate surgery for non palpable massess , sometimes for detremining histology of microcalcifications and in Post NACT cases
Done for large tumors undergoing neo adjuvant chemotherapy for later localisation for surgery.
Sterotactic Breast Biopsy
For determining the histology of suspicious microcalcifications detected on mammography.
Vaccum assisted breast Biopsy and resection
This is done with use of special Biopsy system with USG or mammography guidance . Gives better sample for better histology assessment .
Vaccum assisted Resection
This is done under USG guidance for removal of benign tumors under local aneasthesia with use of special biopsy system .
All the sample is then sent to the LAB which is equipped to do complete analysis , like histology , immuno histochemistry like – ER/ PR / Her 2 neu , Ki67 , FISH of the sample for final accurate histology diagnosis .
The Breast team of doctors meet regulary to discuss all daily cases , also conducts weekly multidisciplinary meetings for comprehensive patient care and follow up. Appropriate Patient care and comfort, is always kept as forefront aim in the running of this department .
Ruby Hall Clinic
Radiation therapy to left sided breast or chest wall poses a unique challenge because of proximity of Heart and Lung. In Deep Inspiratory Breath Hold (DIBH) patient is asked to hold her breath in deep inspiration during treatment delivery. In DIBH, because of full lung expansion, the heart gets pushed away from the chest wall so naturally Radiation dose received by the heart is reduced by 50 – 70%. This can reduce late cardiac toxicities significantly
APBI is short course high dose Radiotherapy delivered to partial breast / tumour bed area. This treatment can be given in select group of patients with early stage disease. In APBI, Radiotherapy is delivered in twice a day schedule for 5 days only instead of 1 or 1.5 month long treatment.
In this technique of Breast Radiotherapy, specialised Nylon catheters are inserted in tumour bed cavity during primary surgery. Radiotherapy is started on third post op day through these brachytherapy catheters and is given on twice a day schedule for 5 days. So the entire Radiation therapy schedule gets over in one week of post-operative period when the patient is still admitted in ward.