Vascular Surgery has been an established subspecialty for more than 15 to 20 years. At Ruby Hall Clinic, exclusive vascular surgical procedures have been ongoing since 1998 and today the hospital has a complete Department of Vascular Surgery. And a team to offer an integrated approach to treat vascular diseases.
Our department addresses various forms of vascular problems treated by a vascular surgeon and vascular interventionist, who offer the best modalities of therapy, be it surgery or endovascular therapy. The department is also recognised for conducting various international clinical trials under GCP guidelines.
We cater to patients with arterial and venous pathologies of the body, other than heart and brain, also called peripheral vascular diseases. These involve common conditions like arterial blockages resulting in gangrene of limbs/toes, strokes, deep venous thrombosis, renal vascular hypertension, aneurysms, etc. Diagnosis of PVD is helped by peripheral and handheld bedside doppler machine, state of the art cath labs which also are used for Angiography + DSA and interventional vascular procedure like angioplasty, stents and stent-graft insertion, thrombolysis, suction thrombectomy, and embolisation. Majority of the patients with PVD need surgical correction.
Surgeries like peripheral bypass, embolectomies, carotid endarterectomies for prevention of strokes, etc. are routinely performed. The department has performed 1000 surgeries in the last three years. Postoperative course of these patients is monitored in cardiac recovery which is equipped with monitors, ventilators and well-trained sisters and anaesthetists.
- CV Profiler which measures ABPI and arterial wall stiffness which is a simple, non-invasive way of diagnosing PVD
- Peripheral Colour Doppler
- 40 – slice CT angiography
- 1.5 Tesla Philips MR Angiography (whole body)
- 2 flat panel Cath Labs, to perform diagnostic Angiorams, DSA and Endovascular procedures
- Intraarterial and intravenous thrombolysis, Balloon Angioplasty, Stenting and insertion of stent grafts of different peripheral arteries and veins.
- The other procedures, which are routinely performed, are insertions of IVC filters, embolisation of bleeding vessels, etc.
- So far we have performed around 2000 peripheral endovascular procedures.
Ruby Hall Clinic has 4 cardiac operation theatres where all kinds of peripheral vascular surgeries are done, namely Thromboembolectomy, vascular bypass using synthetic grafts or veins carotid endarterectomy, aneurysm replacements and venous surgeries as well as vascular trauma cases. So far we have performed more than 1700 vascular procedures, with world-standard comparable results due to expertise in surgical skills, and excellent perioperative care by expert anaesthetists and nursing staff.
- Clot Clinic
- Vein Clinic
- Diabetic Foot Salvage Clinic
- PAD Screening Clinic
- Stroke Prevention Clinic
- All patients with DM/HT/IHD/smokers/hypertension for PAD Screening
- Limb Claudication/Leg pains
- Gangrene for limb salvage
- Diabetic foot, diabetic non-healing wounds
- Diabetic gangrene
- Varicose veins Deep vein
- thrombosis Patients of Stroke, TIA’s, temporary blindness
- Renal hypertension
- Screening for abdominal aortic aneurysms for patients older than 60 years
- Upper limb Ischemias
- Leg swelling
- Patients who have a family history of thrombosis
Panel of Doctors
|Name||OPD Day||OPD Timings|
|Dr. Dhanesh Kamerkar||Mon
|11 AM – 2 PM,
12 PM – 3 PM
|Dr. Nachiket Purandare||Fri||11 AM – 1 PM|
|Dr. Nupur Sarkar||Mon to Fri||10 AM – 12 PM|