Our Objectives and Vision
The Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain, and Perioperative Medicine has been consistently pursuing a strategy of continual review and renewal for over five years
Our objectives are interconnected and geared towards progressive growth:
- Prioritize patient-centred anaesthesia services
- Explore innovative approaches to address complex case scenarios
- Minimize internal case cancellation rates.
- Foster increased external referrals.
- Maintain rigorous record-keeping, including anaesthesia-related morbidity, and successful management of critical cases.
- Implement a structured patient follow-up system with a specific focus on high-risk cases, women, children, and the elderly.
- Introduce Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) services for daycare surgeries.
- Aspire to become an cademic centre for DNB (Diplomate of National Board) in the future.
- Our unit operates round the clock, supported by a team of well-trained medical professionals, cutting-edge technology, excellent critical care unit backup, and ambulance services equipped with critical life-saving equipment all managed by trained medical and paramedical staff.
The Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain, and Perioperative Medicine, provides a wide range of clinical services, academic training, and research opportunities. In addition to routine clinical anaesthesia services, we offer DNB-postgraduate Training in Anesthesiology, Fellowship programs in Regional Anaesthesia, and Liver-transplant Anaesthesia, Observerships in general anesthesia, liver-transplant anesthesia, pain management, and internship opportunities for new MBBS-graduates as part of the Compulsory Rotatory Internship program.